N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lambing Has Begun





Well as usual, my breeding programme has been usurped by the sheeps' breeding ideas and I have ended up with some lovely shetland BFL cross lambs that I wasn't expecting. On April 9th Butterscotch, had a little ram and ewe lamb. Something was not right with the ewe so I ended up putting her down. The ram is perfectly fine. On April 12th, we went out to find another set of twins, a white ewe lamb and a grey katmoget marked ram lamb and later that night another brown speckled ram lamb. All are doing well and up to all their amusing lamb antics. It looks as if most of the flock is bred so I will have some crossbred lambs for sale this fall if anyone is interested. I expect them to be the size of shetlands, as they are 75% shetland and 25% BfL. Enjoy the photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home