N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Drawing a Blank

This past Tuesday our knitting group, along with some of the weavers and spinners, got together for a dye night.  We had a bunch of knitted wool blanks that we dyed as a project and to sell at the Woodstock Fleece Festival this October.  We had great fun and some of the junior members lent their skill and imagination to the mix as well.  A pot luck bar-b-que followed and the wool was left to dry on the line over night.  A fun way to spend a summer's evening for sure.

2 Comments:

  • Hello! My name is Meagan Hanes, I'm new to farming and Shetlands and I live out in Alfred Ontario. I believe I have one of your farm's ewes, Hopeful Maggie. She is one of my favorites, her fleece is luxurious and the offspring she's produced have glorious fleeces as well. It is very obvious how much work you've put in to your sheep! I would love to chat with you via email or in person sometime, as I am right at the beginning of my farming voyage and would love to hear any words of advice you would have as a fellow fiber artist. :)

    By Blogger Meagan, at 6:42 PM  

  • Hi Meagan, Thanks for writing and I am glad that you like Maggie. You can e-mail me at sminty@look.ca if you have any questions, Michele

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home