N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Welcome 2009





I can't believe that the holidays have come and gone already and here we are fresh in the new year! Things have been pretty busy around here and I've been working alot. Fortunately, Gil has only been laid off for a week and his job should be secure until May but others in the auto sector have not been as lucky. I just put Coal out with the majority of my girls the other day, and he got straight to work. Nick, Kayla and Rueben have been busy at night. There are coyote tracks all around the perimiter of our pasture and it looks like they are from a solitary animal. Most likely the one that killed my ewes in the summer. Hopefully he will get the message and sod off! Coal looks like he had been over disciplined by the dogs. so I will have to keep a closer eye on this situation as well. Enjoy the pics and hopefully I will have lots of lambs this spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home