N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Baby Shots






I am almost at the end of lambing for the season and I must say that I will be glad when it is all over. I have been busier than ever this year as a midwife. The BFL cross lambs certainly are small enough for their mom's to be able to birth them, but their legs are so long, that a few have had knees bent or a leg back, so all we see is a ewe walking around with a head sticking out. Usually all I have to do is find a leg and then out they pop, but it makes for some tense moments. We haven't lost any lambs, but I certainly won't breed for so many crosses next year. I am off to the spinning conference in Kingston, tomorrow and Saturday and am looking forward to a little holiday. We won't be gone long as we have 8 more ewes ready to pop. I have included some photos of my shetland lambs and BFL crosses, and my favourite little lamb, Avery and her mother. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home