N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Monday, March 09, 2009

Spring Has Sprung a Leak




This, to me , is the absolute worst time of the year. I am tired of winter, but at least with snow on the ground, there aren't any puddles. The dogs are constantly wet and muddy and our yard is the consistency of a wet sponge. Warmer temperatures will soon get the grass growing and the flowers blooming, and my mud pit will be a distant memory. I love spring!.Here are some photos of Avery in her new sweater, knit by grandma, and Kayla taking refuge from the wet ground.

2 Comments:

  • Oh how I miss Kayla!

    Avery is BEAUTIFUL!

    Let me know when you are coming in April ... and why. We may have the place free for you folks to stay!

    I have Rockton Fair lambs born last night. VERY cute.

    By Blogger Bill Stearman, at 8:15 PM  

  • Dear Bill, I saw your lambs and they are very cute. I won't be having any for awhile. Hopefully Zest and Coal did their jobs. An aquaintence of mine is hosting a fibre fest this October in Woodstock. Judi Meadows gave her your name and she was wondering if you were interested in coming. Animals can be exhibited, and there are going to be spinning, knitting and weaving demos and the opportunity to sell product. If you are interested the web site is Woodstock Fibre Festival. We are up your way for a show in Port Hope April 18th. Are you renting out your place yet? ttyl, Michele

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home