N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Could Willie Be Wrong?





Since my last post, four feet of snow has mysteriously disappeared from our property, literally overnight! We had a warm spell just after groundhog day and the snow melted almost overnight. Thankfully no flooding in the house but most of our yard was under water with rushing streams running to the ditches. I'm glad it has warmed up a bit as we are shearing next weekend, but I am hoping for the ground to stay frozen so that the sheep stay relatively clean and dry. I have photos of the pasture that is bare, where the snow was up to the tops of the fences last week. I have also been very busy spinning as my first show of the season is Knitters' Frolic in Toronto on April 25th. Hope to see you there.

2 Comments:

  • Great pictures - your rams are impressive! Good luck at the Knitters' Frolic,sounds like fun!

    By Blogger Jen and Rich Johnson, at 4:22 AM  

  • Nice to hear from another shetland breeder. You have lovely sheep and wool. Thanks for the comments

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home