N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hubby's New Hobby

I guess my husband figured he might as well get involved with fibre as it didn't look like the wool side of life was leaving anytime soon.  We purchased an antique sock knitter on ebay several years back, but all the instructions were in french.  I had enough french from high school to translate most of it, but after setting it up and knitting a sock or two, we realized we were missing a step so we put it away.  I took Gil to the Michigan Fibre Fest one year and the ladies there were able to teach him how to set up the machine and knit on it and he has been busy with it ever since.  He is a tool and dye maker by trade, so he also repairs machines and now gives lessons as well.  I guess he figured if you can't beat the fibre, you might as well join in. I don't get any comp;laints about how much wool I have either because his stash is larger than mine.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, look at all those SOCKS! How cool is that? Does he sell them, or just keep everyone he knows in socks?

    By Blogger Michelle, at 11:14 AM  

  • Yes he sells the socks and he will make them for people if they supply the fibre. I have lots of nice warm wool socks now as well.

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 2:03 PM  

  • Great Job, Gil!!

    By Blogger Bill Stearman, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home